Protecting your Privacy
The “Data Controller” is the company that is responsible for your privacy. For the purposes of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we are the data controller for your privacy:
3 Pembroke Place,
Phone: 01495 772984
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party, this includes: your name, address, email address, telephone number. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is essential to do that.
We share your personal data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to fulfil our contract with you and provide our services to you.
- Companies that help us fulfil your order, take payment or deliver your orders to you, such as payment service providers, third party warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies.
- Companies that help us improve our website and services, such as feedback engines and website analytics tools.
- To help you receive the best service possible on our website, we work with the following companies that may process your data as part of their contract with us;
- Google, PayPal, Mailchimp and Royal Mail.
These companies are only provided with the exact information they need to perform their specific services and they will only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
We work closely with these companies to ensure that your privacy is respected and always protected. If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Below are the legal bases we use to collect and process your personal data.
We may collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive our email newsletter.
We may collect and process your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your parcel.
We may collect and process your personal data to comply with our legal obligations. This could include, for example, data about people involved in fraud or other criminal activity.
Collection and Process of Personal Data
Providing us with personal data is necessary to access some features and functions of this site. Please take note that your first and last name, email address, delivery address and telephone number may be disclosed to staff and website administrators during their duties. Any information disclosed with our staff is kept completely confidential and in line with GDPR.
We collect and process personal data:
- When you create an account or interact with our website.
- When you place an order via our website, or by telephone.
- When you communicate with us via email, telephone or social media.
- When you sign up for our email newsletters.
- When you connect with us via social media.
- When you enter our competitions on our website.
- When we comply with Legal Requirements or Obligations, Law Enforcement, and for Public Safety Purposes.
Like many web sites, we may also automatically receive general information that is contained in our server log files such as your IP address and cookie information.
How we use your information
Below is how we use the information we collect and why.
We use your name, address, email address and telephone number to:
- Deliver your order to your address, so we can fulfil our contract with you.
- Send you email updates, so we can keep you updated on your order.
- Send you our newsletter/special offers via email, to keep you updated on our products and sale prices. We only do this if you have given us permission/opted-in on our website.
- Prevent fraud, so we can detect and prevent fraud against you or Wet Wednesdays.
Keeping your information
We retain your information if your account is active or if it is needed to be able to provide the services to you or for as long as we are required to by law unless you request deletion of our information.
At the end of the retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Some reasons why we may have to recollect your information after account deletion would be:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute;
- If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymised form;
- If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements;
- If reasonably necessary to resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
A cookie is a very small piece of information that a website stores to save and collect basic information. Many cookies are essential to the operation of our website, for example to allow you to make a purchase or create an account with us. Cookies on our site are also used to customise certain areas of content just for you, and to make your browsing experience more efficient and faster.
Cookies on our website are used for the following reasons;
- To enable you to add items to your shopping basket and purchase them.
- To enable you to create an account to have information such as order history, or your details remembered for later.
- To improve the website’s usability by saving you time on making a purchase or tracking your order.
- To analyse the use of our website through Analytics software such as Google Analytics.
The cookies our website uses do not collect any sensitive information such as your name, address, email address, or any other contact details.
We do not store bank or credit card details. We use your PayPal information to take payments and give refunds to fulfil our contract with you. We also use this information for fraud prevention, to protect, detect and prevent fraud against you or Wet Wednesdays.
Information from PayPal
Our website gives you the option to make an order and pay through your PayPal without having to create a specific account on our website. We offer this service to give you an easy shopping experience on the Wet Wednesdays website.
We keep emails, telephone calls, reviews and social media message history to be able to provide you customer service and support, so we can give you the best experience with Wet Wednesdays. We would also use the information for staff training, this is so we can train our staff to give you the best customer service possible.
We keep information on what you have bought from us and items you have or have left in your basket, we do this to;
Take you order, this is so we can fulfil our contract with you and sell you our products. We also use this information to provide support and customer service, this enables us to provide customer service with a better understanding and to give you the best experience possible.
When/if you opt-in for our email newsletters and special offers, we use a trusted third party to send you emails. We use them to send you emails on our latest products, new offers, competitions and any new updates on Wet Wednesdays.
You can stop receiving these email newsletters and special offers at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ from any email you have received from us, this will prevent any emails on updates/newsletters or special offers.
This does not include emails when you place an order with us and receive updates on your order.
You can also contact our customer service team to unsubscribe from our email newsletters, or to change your preferences on our communication with you.
Below are your rights with GDPR relating to your personal information;
- You have the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (The right to be informed)
- You have the right to access any personal information Wet Wednesdays holds about you (The right to access)
- You have the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (The right to rectification)
- You have the right to request deletion and to be forgotten. (The right to erasure)
- You have the right to request we stop processing or collecting your data (The right to restrict processing)
- You have the right to withdraw consent for marketing emails (The right to object)
- You have the right to know about the profiling and automated decision-making that we may carry out. (Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling)
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We will notify you of substantial changes to this Policy either by posting a prominent announcement on our site and/or by sending a message to the e-mail address you have provided to us that is contained within your profile.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our web site, please feel free to contact us:
Phone 01495 772984
Or email via firstname.lastname@example.org