WHO ARE WE?
Wet Wednesdays are the UK’s leading independent children’s outerwear brand, and we are super proud to be Welsh! We design and make sustainable, bright, bold, high quality, technical outdoor kit so that children can jump, splash, rough and tumble whatever the weather!
How We Started
Wet Wednesdays was formed in rural South Wales when single mum Lizzie found herself struggling to find decent outerwear for her daughter, Angharad. Lizzie said that:
“When looking for jackets and splash suits for Angharad everything I found was either not waterproof or was far too expensive for me. This is where my journey started, to make exceptional, durable & affordable outerwear exclusively for children… I searched across the world for the best most sustainable, designs, materials, and manufacturers. Ultimately, I chose Scandinavia as our inspiration as they are outdoor experts!”
Scandinavians live in a much harsher climate than us and never shy away from getting outdoors. They believe that when you see nature as a big playground you will never run out of ideas and educational possibilities, counting, measuring, building, growing, discovering; the possibilities are endless, and you don’t even need to think about how to make outdoor learning fun. It just is and it is FREE!
‘There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing’
As British rain experts, Wet Wednesdays are committed to making children’s outerwear that works!
Why Choose Us?
From a small market stall in Abergavenny & Hereford... to a Multi Award-Winning, National Business:
• Wales Prestige Awards - Children's Clothing Retailers of the Year 2023/24
• Innovation & Excellence Awards - Outdoor Children's Clothing Specialist of the Year 2022/23
• Prestige Awards - Waterproof Clothing Retailer of the Year in Wales 2021/2022
• MadeForMums GOLD - Children's Outdoor Clothing/ Active Wear Range 2021
• The Independent IndyBest Best Buy - Best Puddle Suit 2020/2021
• MadeForMums GOLD - Children's Clothing Range 2020
• The Independent IndyBest Best Buy - Best Puddle Suit 2019/2020
“The continuous support from our customers has been more than I could ever ask for, thank you all so much for believing in Wet Wednesdays & helping us grow. I am grateful to work with such a friendly, outdoor loving team here at Wet Wednesdays & for all our fantastic customers that share their amazing parenting journeys with us daily. Thank you”